Assistant Professor of Music - Composition
|Salary Range:||Salary commensurate with qualifications, experience, and Assistant Professor salary scale.|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, generous 403b contribution and tuition remission benefits.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Duties:||1. Teach undergraduate courses including composition, music theory, aural skills, musicianship, and new music performance.|
2. Collaborate in curriculum development with innovative methods of creative pedagogy and experiential learning, including improvisation.
3. Pursue a program of professional activity including composition, teaching, and service.
4. Perform duties that include advising, recruitment, and other responsibilities of a faculty member at a liberal arts college.
|Qualifications:||1. Doctorate |
2. Record of creative activity and credentials in music composition; interest in a broad range of music genres/styles including popular and non-Western music.
3. Demonstrated excellence in teaching in studio and classroom environment in composition, theory and musicianship.
4. Current emphasis in performance on an instrument.
5. Ability to relate well to colleagues, students, and staff in a small liberal arts college dedicated to integrated, global and experiential learning.
Please apply online by December 20, 2013. Attach a letter of application and curriculum vitae with names of three current references. Additional materials will be requested at a later date.
Linfield College is a private, comprehensive undergraduate institution located in the Pacific Northwest dedicated to a liberal arts education with a distinctive international emphasis. Linfield College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.